Monday, April 13, 2009

Introduction

My name is Irza Torres, and I am an undergraduate student in the Lynch School of Education at Boston College. I am currently pursuing a Bachelor degree in the Human Development major. One of my greatest passions is equal education for all students. Therefore, in the future I hope to become a teacher, and work to achieve equality within the education system. While I am taking courses as an undergraduate I have learned immensely from one specific course titled Working with Special Needs Students. In this course, I have learned about the rights that students with disabilities are entitled to have under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act also known as IDEA. Though this act provides a range of students with disabilities different services, there are many who are unaware of the rights that this law entitles them. I have chosen to create learning disabilities the focus of this blog in order to raise awareness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment